Trying to manage multiple chronic medical issues can be overwhelming. You may feel as though you have nowhere to turn; no one to ask for help. But that just isn’t the case, thanks to a program called Pathways to Better Health.
Pathways to Better Health connects qualifying mid-Michigan individuals and families to community programs and services to better their health and their lives…. and it’s totally free for those who qualify.
That’s right, all services are provided at no cost in your home by a professional Community Health Worker with specialized training.
If you are an adult with chronic health conditions, Pathways to Better Health can help you get referrals or access to:
- Family doctors and specialists
- Counseling services
- Medication assistance
- Health insurance
- Nutrition education
- Community services
- Clothing, food, housing or transportation assistance
- Health condition education and management
- And so much more!
To be eligible to participate, you must be:
- 18 or older
- Have Medicaid, Medicare, Healthy Michigan, or be eligible
- Have two or more chronic health conditions
- Live in Clinton, Eaton, Gratiot, Ingham, or Montcalm counties
- Improve participants’ health
- Increase participants’ utilization of primary care services
- Decrease costs of participants’ health care by avoiding nonemergency trips to the emergency room
For more information, or to see if you qualify, call toll free 866-291-8691, or 517-272-4178 (Spanish),
or visit www.carehubihp.org.