The Community Health and Education Division (CHED) provides a variety of preventive health services to individuals and families in the community. The Division offers the following programs:
- Breastfeeding Peer Counselors: Breastfeeding Peer Counselors provide breastfeeding information and support.
- Children's Special Healthcare Services: This program privides assistance to those 21 years old and under with a qualifying medical condition.
- Communicable Disease Control: This program investigates diseases to prevent spread in the community and provides school consultations.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant: This program provides expert breastfeeding support and education to pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Immunizations: This program provides vaccinations for all ages, as well as daycare and school immunization compliance review.
- Family Planning: This program provides birth control education, physicals and supplies for males and females, as well as pregnancy testing.
- Fluoride Varnish Program: This program provides fluoride varnish and oral health education to preschool and school-age children.
- Health Education: MMDHD provides information and resources on a variety of health topics and collaborates with community groups and agencies to promote healthier lifestyles.
- Hearing and Vision Screening: MMDHD provides hearing and vision screenings for preschool and school-age children, as well as referrals to health care providers.
- HIV Counseling and Testing: MMDHD provides anonymous and confidential testing.
- Pathways Program: This program connects qualifying individuals and families to community programs and services.
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI): STI testing, treatment, partner notification, counseling and follow-up.
- Tuberculosis Control: MMDHD provides TB skin testing, medication and monitoring.
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program: This program offers nutrition education and food benefits for qualified women, infants and children, up to age 5. It also offers breastfeeding support.