COVID-19 Complaints and Mask Violations

Coronavirus Violations

Need to File a Complaint or Mask Violation?

To file a mask complaint or report a business violating current COVID-19 safety requirements, please see grievance options below.

*Information around the COVID-19 outbreak is changing rapidly, which in turn means requirements change rapidly. To see today's latest requirements, please visit Michigan's Coronavirus Information Center.

Mask Violation


Contact us by completing our online Contact Form

Gas stations, grocery stores, etc.
Call MDARD at 1-800-292-3939 or email

Employee re: employer
Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) select the “workplace safety for employees” link.   Or call 855-723-3219

Other Businesses

  • Contact your local law enforcement’s non-emergency number.
  • Contact MIOSHA at 855 723-3219 or go Online and Click Safety or Hazard Complaint and Click File A Complaint.
  • Contact LARA, *During COVID you do not have to be an employee to file a COVID-19 complaint.

COVID Violation


Food Establishments (Grocery Stores, Big Box Stores, etc.)

Restaurant Complaints

Contact Us (Mid-Michigan District Health Department (Clinton, Gratiot and Montcalm counties))

  • Clinton County: 989-227-3110
  • Gratiot County: 989-875-1002
  • Montcalm County: 989-831-3607

General Businesses or Events Not Social Distancing or Shouldn't Be Open
Contact your local law enforcement’s non-emergency line.

Licensed Facility Complaints (Nursing Homes, etc.)

Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) or by email at  or call the LARA complaint line: 800-882-6006

Major Violation of Emergency Orders
Attorney General Nessel at AG  or

Employees with a Safety Complaint about their Employer (Mask use, social distancing, COVID in the workplace, etc.)
Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) select the “workplace safety for employees” link or call 855-723-3219.