We take action to protect, maintain and improve the health of our community.
Advancing innovative solutions to achieve healthier outcomes.
Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Equity (I CARE)
Mid-Michigan District Health Department
Mid-Michigan District Health Department has proudly served the residents of Clinton, Gratiot and Montcalm Counties since 1965. In that time, a lot has changed, but what hasn’t changed is our commitment to the health of our residents and our environment. We offer a wide range of clinical and environmental services to meet the needs of our residents and collaborate with community partners to broaden and strengthen our programs. We strive to provide our clients with exceptional customer service and wholeheartedly believe in our mission, vision and values. MMDHD is governed by a six member Board of Health, which is made up of two appointed commissioners from each of our three counties. The Board of Health approves budgets and staffing changes and has broad oversight of program development.
2015-Present: Dr. Jennifer Morse, MD
Public Health Services
We firmly believe that the following mandated Public Health Services are critical to sustaining healthier communities and achieving our vision:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
Admin. Services Director: Melissa Selby
Community Health & Education Director: Sarah Doak, RN, BS
Environmental Health Director: Liz Braddock, RS
*The public health code requires our agency to employ a Health Officer and a Medical Director who meet State requirements.