Pathways To Better Health
Trying to manage multiple chronic medical issues can be overwhelming. You may feel as though you have nowhere to turn; no one to ask for help. But that just isn’t the case, thanks to a program called Pathways to Better Health.Pathways to Better Health connects qualifying mid-Michigan individuals and families to community programs and services to better their health and their lives…. and it’s totally free for those who qualify.
If you are an adult with chronic health conditions, Pathways to Better Health can help you get referrals or access to:
- Family doctors and specialists
- Counseling services
- Medication assistance
- Health insurance
- Nutrition education
- Community services
- Clothing, food, housing or transportation assistance
- Health condition education and management
- And so much more!
To be eligible to participate, you must be:
- 18 or older
- Have two or more chronic health conditions
- Live in Clinton, Gratiot, or Montcalm counties
- Improve participants’ health
- Increase participants’ utilization of primary care services
- Decrease costs of participants’ health care by avoiding nonemergency trips to the emergency room
Due to the COVID-19 activity in the State, we have to change our business operations to follow recommendations of social distancing and limiting face to face interactions. All incoming referrals will be triaged by the Community Health Worker and clients will be contacted by phone. Due to this situation, the process may be delayed on how quickly a client is contacted.