Women, Infant & Children

Women, Infant and Children (WIC)


Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a health and nutrition program that has demonstrated a positive effect on pregnancy outcomes, child growth and development. WIC promotes healthy mothers, infants, and children by providing nutrition education and supplemental food to pregnant and postpartum women, infants, and children up to age 5.

WIC provides breastfeeding support and resources for purchasing nutritious foods, such as formula, milk, cheese, eggs, fortified cereal, and peanut butter or dried beans or peas. Additional services include nutrition education, health counseling and immunizations. For more information, visit the Department of Health and Human Services website .


Do You Qualify?

• Are you pregnant, had a baby recently, breastfeeding an infant,
or have a child younger than 5 years old (including foster children
and fathers or grandparents raising children?
• Do you live in the State of Michigan?

If you answered "yes" to these two questions, ask yourself
the following:

• Do you, your infant, or child (less than 5 years old) have Medicaid?
• Does a family member receive Food Assistance Program benefits
(Snap or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) or Family
Independence Program benefits?
• Do you meet the WIC income guidelines?

If you answered "yes" to any of the three questions listed, you may be
eligible for WIC. Call to see if you qualify:

Clinton County: 989-224-2195
Gratiot County: 989-875-3681
Montcalm County: 989-831-5237


WIC client satisfaction survey

WIC PC client satisfaction survey


Appointment Checklist:

Please bring the following items to your appointment:

  1. Proof of identity (Example:  Drivers license or utility bill)
  2. Proof of income (Household) or Medicaid card
  3. Proof of residency (Example:  Drivers License or utility bill)
  4. The actual child or infant you are enrolling
  5. Verification of newborn birth (Example:  birth record, discharge papers or crib card)
  6. Immunization records for child(ren)
  7. Proof of pregnancy
  8. Court documents (guardianship papers) if foster parent or grandparent
  9. Completed paperwork (as instructed by staff)
    1. Instructions for MI WIC Medical Documentation
    2. Medical Documentation Form
    3. DCH 1317: WIC Infant
    4. DCH 1314 - Pregnant Woman
    5. DCH 1315 - Postpartum Woman
    6. DCH 1319 - WIC Child
    7. DCH 1318 - WIC Infant Mid-Cert
    8. DCH 1316 - Postpartum for Miscarriage


Looking For  Fresh New Approach to Feeding Your Kids?


WICHEALTH.ORG allows you to begin today with a fresh start! wichealth.org is an experience where you will learn new skills, have access to new tools, and take steps closer to reaching your family feeding goals. It’s a place for parents of young children to learn more about how to keep themselves and their kids healthy. It’s a place to gain the knowledge and confidence needed to empower change. And, it’s a place where eating habits can be formed. For life. Start your journey today!

Locally, we also invite you to visit West Michigan's Farm Markets. A great way to find fresh, local, quality grown produce.

FNS nutrition assistance programs, State or local agencies, and their subrecipients, must post the following Nondiscrimination Statement:
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email: program.intake@usda.gov.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.