Community Health Assessments
A community health assessment is the foundation for improving and promoting the health of community members. The role of a community assessment is to identify factors that affect the health of a population and determine the availability of resources within the community to adequately address these factors. Through collaborative efforts forged among community leaders, public health agencies, businesses, hospitals, private practitioners, and academic centers (to name a few), the community can begin to answer key questions such as (a) “What are the strengths in our community?” (b) “What health concerns do community members have?” and (c) “What resources are available and what do we need in the community to address these concerns?”
A community health assessment is a process by which community members gain an understanding of the health, concerns, and health care systems of the community by identifying, collecting, analyzing, and disseminating information on community assets, strengths, resources, and needs. A community health assessment usually culminates in a report or presentation that includes information about the health of the community as it is today and about the community’s capacity to improve the lives of residents. The assessment can provide the basis for discussion and action.
Montcalm County - Healthy Montcalm
Vision Statement: "Montcalm County is an empowered community where people are engaged in leading healthy active lives"
- Healthy Montcalm Progress Report 2016
- Healthy Montcalm Progress Report 2017
- Healthy Montcalm Progress Report 2015
- Community Health Assessment - Montcalm County Profile (Large file, please be patient while it loads)
- Community Health Assessment Profile - Executive Summary
- Community Health Profile 2015
- Community Health Improvement Plan 2016
- Steering Committee Roster 2018
- Healthy Montcalm Progress Report 2018
Clinton County - Healthy Capital Counties
Vision Statement: All people in Clinton, Eaton, and Ingham Counties live; in a physical, social, and cultural environment that supports health: in a safe, vibrant, and prosperous community that provides many opportunities to contribute and thrive: with minimal barriers and adequate resources to reach their full potential.
- Healthy Capital Counties - Click here for information about the Community Health Assessment being conducted in Clinton County. All project documents are available here.
- HCC Community Health Profile and Needs Assessment 2018
- HCC Community Health Profile and Needs Assessment 2015
- HCC Community Health Profile and Needs Assessment 2012
Gratiot County - Live Well Gratiot
Vision Statement: “Gratiot County, united in a culture of healthy living.”
- Live Well Gratiot - Community Health Needs Assessment 2012
- Live Well Gratiot Community Health Assessment 2015
- Live Well Gratiot Community Health Improvement Plan 2016
- Live Well Gratiot - Progress Report 2015
- Live Well Gratiot Progress Report 2016
- Live Well Gratiot Progress Report 2017
- Live Well Gratiot Steering Committee Roster 2018
- Live Well Gratiot Progress Report 2018